2. The VA Card

OK there Wanderingvets: Soldier / Sailor / Marine / Airman:

The first thing you should get is a VA Medical Card if you do not have one. You should try to get this two weeks before you are homeless, but if not you can get it there. Go to the nearest VA hospital. Do tell them you are sick, have your DD214 with you. This card will get you medical services all over the US and emergency medical care at any hospital in the U.S. It is also a good card to have when the police illegally search your person as a “person of questionable means”. After ten rousts, I quit telling them I was a veteran who was homeless, and let them find out on their own. Sometimes when they find out that they have bothered a brother veteran, they will give you a donation because they feel bad. I just let them search me now, as you cannot teach them good manners. Do not blame them since so many real criminals out there do claim to be veterans. They will sometimes offer you a ride to where you are going as well.

website statistics


1 Response to “2. The VA Card”

  1. 1 Jane
    September 30, 2007 at 5:05 pm

    I belong to soldiersangels, also. You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders, I wish you well my friend. If you need us, let me know.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Contact The Authors For Inquiries or Assistance At

Wanderingvet@wanderingvets.com AnAmerican@wanderingvets.com

Spread The Word

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?


website tracker

Visitors to Wanderingvets

  • 168,188

%d bloggers like this: